PE and Sport Premium
PE and Sport Premium is funding from the Government which should be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
This means that we should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Each academic year, a report is written, setting out how we intend to use the allocated funding. This report is a working document and will be reviewed and updated before a final review is undertaken at the end of the year, looking at impact of the spending.
There are five key indicators that we are working to see improvement in:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity (at least 30 minutes per day within school)
- that the profile of PE and sport is being raised across the school
- that there is increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff delivering PE and sport sessions
- that a broader range of activities and sports is being offered to all pupils
- that there is increased participation in competitive sport.
Our vision for the use of the PE and Sport Premium
To enable all pupils to leave Rose Green Infant School physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
For all teachers at the school to feel confident that they have the knowledge and skills to enable them to deliver high quality, engaging activities within their PE and sport lessons, and through other areas of the curriculum.
For children to begin to experience competitive sport.